Saturday, January 9, 2010

My last Christmas post....finally!

I have been so slow about blogging our Christmas happenings.....but finally, I am posting my very last post for 2009.  We celebrated Christmas with my mother, father, brother, two nieces, and grandmother the Sunday after Christmas.  I was very disappointed that my grandma from Kansas couldn't make it, but completely understand that the weather has affected everyones travels this holiday.  This trip to Okmulgee was one of the best that I have had in a long time!  My brother spent a lot of time with Halle and his daughter Madi building a snowman and decorating a gingerbread house.  The girls had such a great time together!  Noah and Brianne are interacting more now that they are getting a little older!  We ate a non traditional brisket, which we loved!  By Sunday I was pretty much burnt out on Turkey...so this was a nice change.  Halle was having so much fun that she didn't want to leave, but we will be back soon!  We made so many wonderful memories that day!

I love the "charlie brown" Christmas tree!

Nana had personalized stockings hung by the fireplace!



Nana and Halle


Noah and Bri



Baby Bri



Uncle Nick took the girls outside to play in the snow!

Halle and Madi



Noah enjoyed watching from inside the warm house!

The snow wouldn't stick, so they made a miniature snowman, with a corncob nose and well, corn for the teeth and eyes as well!
After playing outside, the girls came in to get warm and wait for a special visitor!

Madi wasn't sure what to think, but I'm pretty sure Halle asked for a doll center, again!

Bri did okay with santa for about 2 minutes and then had a little meltdown.

Noah wanted nothing to do with Santa.  I had to take him in the other room because he became so upset.  Santa did give him a tasty treat that he seemed to enjoy!



The girls enjoyed decorating the gingerbread house together!

I may have mixed up a little too much water with the icing..let's just say the decorations pretty much slid off!  However, they enjoyed making it, and maybe next year mommy with do a better job with the icing!





Noah started catching on to the "opening presents" thing!

Bri checking out her new toy!

Madi loved her new presents too!

My wonderful dad...modeling his new sweater!

My momma and Noah.

Halle and her uncle Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment