Sunday, September 12, 2010

My first 5k this year!


My friend Ladonna has been training for a 1/2 marathon and has kind of motivated me to start running more.  Before I got pregnant with Noah I was running 3 miles about 3-4 times a week with my friend Bri.  I kept gaining weight, got discouraged, and then found out I had PCOS....which makes it more difficult to lose weight.  It's been a battle ever since.  I am determined that I need to get in shape, and do something that will help relieve stress!  So I have decided that I am going to start doing 5k runs.  I am not competitive and don't care what place I finish, just as long as I finish.  This morning, Ladonna, Melissa, and myself ran in a 5k celebrating "Making the move with Martha."  She is moving to the Hallmark channel.  We didn't have to pay for the registration (because I wouldn't pay to support Martha Stewart)...however, we did get free stuff, like the shirts we were wearing, a wooden spoon, kitchen towel, and an apron.  It was a nice morning to run and I was glad I made it without stopping.  I have a few more 5k's that I plan on doing in the future....such as Remember the ten, Run for Courage (Jim Thorpe's run...where seth had his rehab after his wreck), and the OKC memorial marathon.  I think this is going to be a fun hobby and allows me to support different charities.  I hope that a lot of my friends will join me.  I think it would be great to meet once a month to run together!

No comments:

Post a Comment