Tuesday, August 17, 2010

meet the teacher; 18 months appt.

I can't believe summer is almost over!  Tonight we had "meet the teacher" night for Halle!  I can't believe my little girl is going to pre-k!  She loved her teacher, her school, and the classroom!  She even told her teacher, "it was nice to meet you."  I am so proud of her and what a sweet spirit she has.  She loves to pray and loves her Jesus!  Halle and I went shopping for some new clothes and shoes and she is so excited for school to begin!  I hope she does well with not only her learning, but socializing with the other kids too!  She has been staying with her aunt lala, brother, and cousin for her first six months of life and then when she turned two until now.  She interacts with other kids here and there at gymnastics, ballet, and recently church, but never on a daily, more than an hour or so occasion.  I am sure she will do well, and that I'm anxious over nothing.  I have decided that I am going to pick her up everyday from school.  I just want to be able to hear what her day was like and get home at an earlier time to help her with homework, play with noah, cook dinner and eat together as a family.  It seems like it's so easy to get wrapped up in to work, and time slips away....before I know it I'm home just in time for dinner, baths, and bedtime.  I am looking forward to picking her up every day at a decent time!

This past week we have established a set bedtime!  YES!  This summer we haven't been very strict with bedtime and Halle was staying up pretty late.  It's actually nice when she is in bed at 7:30!!  She is getting the rest she needs and I am able to have a little "me" time before bed!  Somehow or another she always ends up in our bed by five in the morning.

Noah had his 18 month appointment today!  He weighed in at 23 lbs 15 oz (25th percentile) and measured 33 inches in height (65th percentile).  He has said several different words and repeats a lot.  He still doesn't talk a whole lot.  He would rather squeal and scream for what he wants!  He still loves balls, and hitting/kicking things!  I was getting worried for a while b/c he seems very aggressive with his behavior, hitting everything with whatever he can get his hands on.  I was reassured that this is just a "boy" thing.  Noah's new thing is motorcycles and monster trucks!  His cousin conner has several that he lets Noah play with and he will actually play nice with these!  I've only seen him hit his sister once with a motorcycle!

We started going to a new church back in June and I feel very welcome there!  I love the fact that they have childcare and a curriculum for the little kids....(which we didn't have at our other church).  I am torn because I feel like the preacher at the church we went to before always delivered a great message, but they didn't have childcare or praise and worship music).  Seth and I have been several times and I really enjoy it.

I am not the best at keeping my blog updated but hope that I can do better in the future.  I think once we kind of get in the swing of things with school and routines I'll have my head on straighter!   Still trying to wrap my head around how I will ever have time to keep laundry caught up, the house clean, caught up at work, dinner on the table, etc etc etc.  I need to work on my time management skills!!  Until the next time.....au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment